Saturday, February 22, 2014

Testing, 1, 2, 3!

OK, I'm not a Techie, but I do have my own Brain Trust at home and I have utilized him to set up an e-mail subscription option to my blog. Upon his request, I am posting this blog to test run my new subscription feature.

We both love the Big Bang Theory TV show. At the end of each show, there is a Chuck Lorre vanity card that you can only read if you are a true fan of the show (or a very fast speed reader). For only a true fan of the show would either record the show or goggle it so that they can read the vanity cards. We do both.

The following vanity card gave me pause to think ...

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #427

I went to the movies today. While standing in line to buy a ticket I noticed a sign on the ticket booth window that indicated I was eligible for a senior discount. For some reason I was surprised. I don't know why. I'd been eligible for quite some time, but until that moment I'd never once considered availing myself of this somewhat dubious perk. Anyway, I jokingly pointed out to the young girl in the ticket booth that I was indeed old enough to be treated as a senior. She nodded and proceeded to give me the discount. I asked if she wanted to see proof of age. She glanced at me, shrugged and said, "Nope." The movie was a comedy, but I was in no mood to laugh. I just sat there and sulked until I fell asleep.
<< >>
1st Aired: 24 Oct 2013

Want to read more vanity cards? Go to http://www.chucklorre.com/index-bbt.php?p=427  

In regards to vanity card #427, I'm not old enough for senior discounts, but I do remember when the local bar quit carding me. This is how I know exactly how Chuck felt at the movies. I did pout for a moment when they refused to card me. I mean, do I really look THAT old? Then I remembered that I was on a first name basis with the bartender and so my perceived age wasn't the reason for his lack of better judgement. (For a bartender looking for good tips, will always card an older lady.) He just wanted me to get drunk and act silly. Yep, it was time to find a new bar or at least a new Ladies Night Out. Thanks Chuck for the insight!

No comments:

Post a Comment